Effective date: April 6, 2021
The Bnai Zion Foundation, Inc. (“Bnai Zion”) is a New York Not-for-Profit Corporation described under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Joshua Network is a project of Bnai Zion. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) shall govern your use of the Bnai Zion website, the Joshua Network web application, and the Joshua Project web application including all pages within the websites and mobile apps (“Services”), and by using these Services, you accept all Terms and conditions herein.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THE SERVICES.
The Effective Date of these Terms is set forth at the top of this page. Whenever possible, we will provide you with advance written notice of our changes to these Terms. Your continued use of the Services after the Effective Date constitutes your acceptance of the amended Terms. The amended Terms supersede all previous versions
Content and Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of the Services (“Content”) are intended for your personal, noncommercial use only.
Bnai Zion and/or its licensors own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in the Services, and all such rights are reserved. You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing or copying the Content for your personal
noncommercial use, provided that you maintain and abide by all copyright and other notices contained therein. You may not modify, publish, participate in the sale of, create new works from, distribute, or exploit any of the Content in whole or in part, without written permission from Bnai Zion. Copying or
storing of any Content for other than personal noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Bnai Zion or the copyright holder.
If you believe any Content or posting infringes upon your rights, please provide us with immediate notice to us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are restricted from all of the following:
- Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Content;
- using the Services in any way that is, or may be, damaging to the Services, Bnai Zion, or any of Bnai Zion’s affiliates or projects;
- using the Services contrary to applicable laws and regulations or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to any person;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting, or any other similar activity in relation to the Services, or while using the Services;
- using the Services to engage in any advertising or marketing;
- using login credentials that belong to another person; and/or
- using the Services if you are under thirteen years old if you are in the United States and United Kingdom and under sixteen years old anywhere else. (If you are under eighteen years old, your parent or legal guardian must read and agreed to these Terms.)
Bnai Zion may immediately and permanently suspend your access to the Services if, in its sole discretion, it finds that you have violated any of these Terms or for any other reason. Violating these Terms may result in civil, criminal, and/or administrative penalties, fines, or sanctions.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on or through the Services, please send a notice of copyright infringement to Bnai Zion’s Designated Copyright Agent (contact below).
Your notice must be in writing and include the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or material that you claim has been infringed. If this material exists online, please provide a URL.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location within the Services, with sufficient detail so that Bnai Zion is capable of finding the material and verifying its existence (e.g., in most circumstances, we will need a URL).
- Contact information, including your name, home address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner or its agent or by law.
- A statement by you that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Designated Copyright Agent: Justin Hayet
Address: 1430 Broadway #1804, New York, NY 10018
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, the Services are provided “as is,” with all faults, and Bnai Zion makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind related to the Services or to the materials contained within the Services. While Bnai Zion tries its best to ensure that the Content is accurate, Bnai Zion does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information included in the Content. Additionally, nothing contained on the Services shall be construed as providing advice to you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Bnai Zion, nor any of its officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents and/or content providers be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Services, whether such liability is under negligence, contract, tort, or otherwise. Additionally, Bnai Zion, including its officers, directors, employees, and content providers, shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential, or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of the Services.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Bnai Zion from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms. You agree to cooperate in the defense of any claim to the fullest extent.
You have no right to the proprietary software and related documentation, or any enhancements or modifications thereto, provided to you in order to access the Services.
Severability and No Waiver
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein. Bnai Zion’s failure to enforce any of these Terms or any other breach by you shall not constitute a waiver of its rights to enforce any other such Term.
Bnai Zion shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained within the Services, constitute the entire agreement between Bnai Zion and you in relation to your use of the Services, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York for the resolution of any disputes.
You must file any claim or cause of action arising out of these Terms within one year of the date it arose or be forever barred. You are not entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief and you hereby expressly waive any right to resort to any form of class action.